Rajesh Narain Gupta
Rajesh Narain Gupta is enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of India since 1988. Rajesh is well experienced in corporate and transactional matters including Litigation. His area of specialization includes Banking and Finance, Commercial Laws, Real Estate and Private Client Practice.
Rajesh regularly advises large business families on matters connected with business, investments, dis-investments, and business succession, which inter alia require handling inter-generational issues.
Closely connected with the Banking industry, Rajesh has been involved for over 25 years in negotiating and drafting of lending and security documentation for Banks and NBFCs.
With his extensive experience on the distressed asset side, Rajesh was retained by the Banking Industry to advise on implementation of the procedural part of the SARFAESI Act, 2002.
Rajesh has contributed to legal research papers that have been published by leading dailies, law journals and reputed publications in India and abroad. Co-author of several books on banking laws and practices, he has been a Speaker at various forums in India and abroad on matters of legal significance.
Rajesh is a member of various industry and trade bodies. He was instrumental in setting up the India Chapter of the Society of Trust and Estate Planners (STEP) and is a Member of the Core Working Committee.
- Recognized as notable practitioner in the area of Private Client Wealth Laws - India by Chambers & Partners - consecutively for 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Recognized amongst the top 100 lawyers in India in a definitive "A List" of India's legal profession published by India Business Law Journal, in collaboration with the Indian Corporate Counsel Association (ICCA) in 2016, 2017.
- Recipient of "National Law Day Award" for unique contribution in the field of Banking And Finance Laws 2014 jointly organized by International Council of Jurists, International Commission of Writers, Department of Law, University of Mumbai, All India Bar Association and Indian Council of Jurists.
- Ranked amongst the Leading Lawyers in the Chambers Asia Pacific & Chambers Global for 2014, 2015 in the field of Banking & Finance and Real Estate.
- Treasurer and member of Managing Committee, STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, India)
- Member - FICCI National Executive Committee and the Steering Committee 2013.
- Special invitee - FICCI National Executive Committee 2014, 2015.
- Chairs the Banking and Finance Section of National Bar Association of India.
- Advisory Board Member of US-India Investors' Investment Forum (USIIF), constituted by the US Embassy to promote trade in US and India.
- Revised the 6th Edition of S N Gupta, The Banking Law, published by Universal Law Publishers, in November 2017.
- Revised the 27th Edition of M L Tannan: Banking Law and Practice in India published by LexisNexis and released in June 2017.
- Revised the 25th Edition of M L Tannan: Banker's Manual: A Commentary on Banking Laws and Allied Acts published by LexisNexis and released in September 2016.
- Co-authored and revised the 5th Edition 2015 of The Banking Law - In Theory & Practice - First Edition of the book, authored by late Mr. S. N. Gupta, was published in 1989. Has edited the latest edition in three volumes.
- Co-authored and revised the 7th Edition 2014 of Law Relating to Guarantees - The book is an authoritative work on the subject and contains separate chapters dealing with different aspects on the subject, which are further categorized into various sections for easy access and readability.
- Co-authored and revised the 8th Edition 2015 of Dishonor of Cheques: Liability-Civil & Criminal - explains the law relating to dishonor of cheques
- Co-authored and revised the 6th Edition 2016 of Supreme Court on Banking Law - This publication contains a collection of cases decided by the Supreme Court of India on Banking & Debt Laws.
- Established the Singapore office of the Firm in the year 2014.
- Incorporated International Law Chambers "ILC" at Doha, Qatar to cater to legal services in Qatar including Arabic Laws. Representing Doha Bank for the legal services for all its worldwide branches.
- Promoted Warmond Trustees & Executors Pvt. Ltd., which caters to and supports the Private Client Practice of the firm. Recently in March 2016 acquired Julius Bear Trust Company, which has become subsidiary of Warmond.
- Revised the 25th edition of prestigious M L Tannan: Banker's Manual: A commentary on Banking Laws and Allied Acts to be published by LexisNexis.
- Part of several CSR initiatives, most recent being promoting the Miraben-SNG fund with the participation of Rotary Club, Worli. Raised the first fund to provide financial support to the students of National Law College, which has been handed over to NALSAR and NLS, Bangalore.
- Independent director on the board of Gruh Finance Ltd, a housing finance company, promoted by HDFC Ltd.
- Independent director on the board of L&T Mutual Fund Trustee Limited., a Trustee company, established by L&T Finance Limited.
- Independent director on the board of Crystal Crop Protection Limited, a technical manufacturing, formulation and marketing of agrochemical products company established by the visionary industrialist, Mr. Nand Kishore Aggarwal.
Advisor and Advisory Boards:
- Member, Advisory Board of Warmond Fiduciary Services Ltd.
- Member Advisory Board of certain Funds active in SME and Fin tech space.
- Member Advisory Board of some of the leading start-ups active in banking and legal areas.
- Advisor NESL, a company promoted by Union Government and owned by reputed financial institutions, on legal issues connected with setting up of Utilities Services under the Bankruptcy Code.